Monday, October 24, 2005

This is interesting...

Two days after Tom Delay was indicted, Wal-Mart gave a $5,000 donation to his fund. I'm so glad Wal-Mart is looking out for the benifits of their costomers.

I've been boycotting Wal-Mart for almost a year now; my mother just bought me a few things there when I ran out of college supplies and I was so angry I almost returned it all. However, I did give her pity because she was so nice to get those things in the first place, plus her furnace broke and may need to be replaced and she even decided she needed to shut off her cable due to the energy crisis. Heating costs in New England will rival some mortgages this winter. Believe it or not, these things are really related: corportations like Wal-Mart keep the Tom Delays of the government in power, who in turn have given the oil industry a free pass.

In any event, people owe it to themselves to look for alternatives to Wal-Mart. It hurts America with every product it sells. While it may be impossible for some to completely avoid it, people should do the best they can to reduce the huge profits they continue to give to Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart's support of Tom Delay is reason enough to join the boycott.

No comments:

About Ryan's Take