Monday, April 09, 2007

Diane Patrick's Back!

Good news for the Commonwealth, our First Lady is back on her feet.

From the Globe:
As a "deeply private person," she wrote, she had been affected by the "exhilarating highs and stomach-churning lows" of her husband's campaign.

"When the campaign was over, I expected life to settle down, at least a bit, and to regain some sense of normalcy," she wrote. "To my surprise, however, soon after the inauguration, I found myself aboard a new and different roller coaster. I was trying to balance my return to a full-time law practice with the unfamiliar demands of serving as First Lady -- all while living in a fishbowl.

"I now appreciate that I needed some time to rest and repair, to stand back and take full stock of what lay ahead for me, and to put it all in context," she continued. "I now have had some time to do just that."

I'm glad she's doing better. The stress she went through is more than understandable. Welcome back, Diane Patrick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diane Patrick

My only experience of Diane Patrick was from YouTube. As a speaker, she is impressive and moving.

One of the things I've enjoyed about Deval Patrick, in fact, is that he clearly, undisguisedly loves his wife and is able to communicate that poetically.

-KBusch

About Ryan's Take