Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My Show Opens Next Week!

In case anyone didn't know, I'm performing in the UMASS Dartmouth Theatre Company's production of "Moby Dick: the Musical." It opens next week on Thursday, April 19th at UMASS Dartmouth. Consequently, my schedual is going to be a bit crazy and, while I'm not going to take the week off blogging, I'll probably cut back just a bit.

If anyone is in the South Coast area and would like to see the show, here's the basic info:

Plot: In order to save their bankrupt school that’s seen better days, the girls of St. Godley’s Academy for Young Ladies decide to put on a musical version of Moby Dick. The highly comic, satirical romp through this age-old mariner’s tale that ensues proves to be a world of endless, funny double entendres and wonderful, pastiche-y company numbers.

Show Times:
Thursday, April 19th at 8pm
Friday, April 20th at 8pm
Saturday, April 21st at 8pm
Sunday, April 22nd at 2pm

Ticket Prices:
UMD Students - $4!!!
Non-UMD Students, Faculty, Alumni, Seniors - $10
General Admission - $12

For more information or to reserve tickets call the UMass Dartmouth Theatre Company at (508)999-8167.

UMASS Dartmouth is really good at doing these kinds of musicals - extremely funny, somewhat dirty productions with fun, energetic music (and there's even some good dancing). When I did Urinetown here last year, it was amazing and we'll put on a good show this time around too.

So, go see the show if you're nearby - and I'll try my best to keep up a steady flow of blogs during "hell week."

No comments:

About Ryan's Take