Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Blog Traffic Down?

I've been polishing my paper on the netroots phenomenon and wanted to add some statistics on website traffic to show just how many people visit blogs. Now that the election is long over, it seems as if the intensity of the blogosphere's readership has died down. I was just checking out Kos's stats and he's down to about 460,000 unique visitors a day (from around 600,000). Since the fall, my stats have fallen slightly too - by around 15%. I knew it was going to happen way before it happened - but I'm sort of surprised as to the extent (I figured it would dip down temporarily, but climb back up. May was my best month ever, but that was an abberation caused by a few links to well-trafficked glbt sites).

The good news is that Ryan's Take has seen massive growth in terms of how the market counts growth - where a company was at the same point a year earlier. Ryan's Take has seen at least triple the traffic every month this year over the year past, so thanks to my many readers!

I love the fact that so many people take time out of their day to get my take on things, so if there is any coverage I do that people particularly enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. I should try to add in some of my patented humor, but I just can't find the things going on (health care crisis, potential stripping of equal rights on June 14th, etc.) very funny. Yet, I'll try!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stupid/quick question: Does that take into account blogfeeds?

For instnace, I use Google Reader to read most blogs and will only check the actual website if I want to read/post comments. That means I only really check a few actual sites--there's just too much out there in the blogosphere for me not to. I imagine many others are the same way.

Ryan said...

Interesting. I have no idea what the answer is, though. I'd suppose if you clicked on it and it went to my site - yes. If you didn't, probably not.

About Ryan's Take