Tuesday, January 27, 2009

DeLeo folks smarter?

Looks so.
Kukawski and other Rogers supporters said the speaker and DeLeo were plotting to make the transfer after Jan. 7, after newly elected representatives who backed DeLeo were sworn into office and could participate in the leadership vote.

"When we met with [DiMasi] in December and he asked us for his vote, he said: 'I'm not going anywhere. I want to stay,' " said Kujawski, referring to DiMasi. "We believed everything he said, but it looks like he was just orchestrating the handing of the gavel to DeLeo. I feel completely deceived."
I have no idea what really happened, but I also have no idea why the Rogers people wouldn't suspect such behavior and be ready for it. Like Sean Connery has said before, never bring a knife to a gun fight. And if they weren't recruiting from prospective freshmen, why not?

No comments:

About Ryan's Take