Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Movies You Need to See

Getting myself into a better mood than earlier today, I figured I'd suggest a few different, refreshingly well-made movies I've seen lately.
  • The Wrestler
  • Revolutionary Road
  • Slumdog Millionaire
  • Let the Right One In
Along with The Dark Knight and Wall-e, they're my favorite movies of the year. Heck, they're my favorite movies of the past two years. As absurdly different as the Wrestler and Revolutionary Road are in topic, they're exceptionally interesting character studies, with two of the best performances this year. Slumdog is probably the most perfect film of the four, with absolutely no flaws, but secretly Let the Right One In is my favorite - think a Silence of the Lambs, but also somehow romantic.

No comments:

About Ryan's Take