Saturday, February 14, 2009

Off Topic, but wanted to see if anyone has insight on this...

So, it's been a really long time since I've last purchased music - probably like a year.

I find a band I like today and decide to download their stuff on itunes. It's taken me 4 hours to download 1 album and 1 EP, for a grand total of maybe 15 songs. Scratch that. The songs have downloaded quickly, within a minute for each song, but each has been "processing" for 30-40 minutes each. I actually had to cancel my plans tonight to download itunes music! It's around as fast as it took when I was in HS and only had AOL... Cue horrible nightmares.

Itunes has been "processing" the same (and thankfully final) 3 songs for 2 hours now and I'm worried it's just not going to download them.

Update: got so frustrated that I just left the computer alone and went out for an hour. Back at quarter past 12 and presto! (Of course.) They should update itunes with a warning: Caution, may take hours to "process" downloaded music.

1 comment:

dan bosley said...

Ryan, This happened to me a few months back. Itunes upgraded to a new version and I think that they had to work the bugs out of it. It wouldn't let me download at all, but I kept getting an error message. If I could download, it was slow and almost impossible. Try upgrading to the new version and make sure your credit card info is up to date (since you haven't been on for a while).
A lot of people were on websites complaining about the same thing at the time. Hopefully upgrading to a new version will do the trick.

About Ryan's Take