Saturday, March 21, 2009

MassAlliance Campaign Manager Training in April

I don't know why I didn't immediately post about this, but MassAlliance is doing a new round of Campaign Manager training in April. It's a weekend seminar going from Saturday the 18th to the 19th. They do it a few times a year, but I have no idea when their next will be.

Here's the vital stats:
Where: Dorchester, MA
1199 SEIU Union Hall Street: 150 Mount Vernon Street Suite 300
Start Time: Dorchester, MA Saturday, April 18, 2009 at 9:00am
End Time: Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 5:30pm
Contact: David Sokolove (just put a . between his first and last name, and add @gmail).
First, the space for these things are limited and I know they fill up fast. I think there may be a few spots left, but I'm not 100% sure. Don't kick this around for a few days and think about it. If you're interested in *any* form of progressive campaigning, just click this link, or email me, and I'll try to get you in.

Secondly, I think there's a nominal fee of around $35, at least there was when I did this a few years ago. That's for two full days of campaign training by the best progressive campaigners in the entire freaking state of Massachusetts (which honestly means the country). These people know how to win and will teach you it. These are the same people who have pushed the victorious campaigns of Katherine Clark, Carl Sciortino, the Governor and a whole host of others. Seriously, if it was a tough, progressive campaign and especially if a DINO or incumbent was knocked out, someone who ran it or did the strategy for it will probably be there teaching.

I know not everyone is interested in running a campaign, but even if you want to be a more effective volunteer, or know the inner workings of a campaign that can be successful, this is where to do it. If you just want to be able to look at local campaigns and judge which ones you think can be successful, so you're not volunteering for the candidate who's convinced the person with the most lawn signs wins, this is where you'll learn when to go all in or run for the hills. People of all ages, races and any other way of slicing humanity apart will be there. If you're at all interested, don't even think about signing up, just do it and be there. You'll have fun, meet new people, make some really great contacts and meet the people who had a great part in electing your favorite progressives around the state into office. I can't express how much I learned in my 2 days during their first-ever training - and I'm told it's even better now.

No comments:

About Ryan's Take