Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Specter Switches to Dems!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60 seats as soon as Franken's seated.

Fucking A!

(And there ya go, Republicans, for going to the whacko fringe right.)

Update: Okay, just for something a little more sobering:
My change in party affiliation does not mean that I will be a party-line voter any more for the Democrats that I have been for the Republicans. Unlike Senator Jeffords’ switch which changed party control, I will not be an automatic 60th vote for cloture. For example, my position on Employees Free Choice (Card Check) will not change.
I don't care if he becomes the super-duper liberal I'd every Senator to be, but EFCA is one of the most important bills that can possibly pass. It needs to. If Specter won't sign it, he'll face a Democratic primary challenge.

In any event, though, this is a good day for national democratic politics.

No comments:

About Ryan's Take