Monday, July 05, 2010

My cousin, who was murdered

Normally, I'm a huge fan of the Kossack community, but they tend to diverge greatly on the issue of guns. There was a front-paged diary yesterday about how we should just leave the gun issue alone, that it wasn't worth persuing after the conservative Roberts court overturned decades of legal precedent and struck down the Chicago gun ban.

I wrote a diary challenging that notion, recalling my cousin Laura and the great struggle I went through after losing her. She was such a sweet, innocent person, and -- having died in her late teens -- she barely had the chance to live her life. I hope people will check it out; we cannot cede this issue to the Roberts court and the NRA, not when so many lives are at stake.

No comments:

About Ryan's Take