Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving break means random thoughts

Some random thoughts...
  • Pixar's pushing Toy Story 3 as the first-ever animated Best Picture winner. Shockingly, I missed it while it was in the theaters, even though I'm a huge fan of Pixar's stuff, so I can't say if I think the movie deserves the win. That said, it's absolutely ridiculous that in between movies like Sleeping Beauty, Lady and the Tramp, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Finding Nemo, Wall*e and Up, we've never seen a Best Picture go to an animated feature.
  • How to Train Your Dragon belongs in the above list, and should be in the discussion for Best Pic this year. Without having seen Toy Story 3, I find it hard to believe it could best Dragon's beast of a movie.
  • I shudder to think what could come out of Coakley's probation probe, but she should dig deep. We'll be better off for it.

No comments:

About Ryan's Take