Thursday, December 09, 2010

Scott Brown's Betrayal: I'm Not Surprised, Just Angry

I got some flack for praising Brown when he came out in support for DADT repeal a few weeks back, because I thought it was important to recognize when someone does something right. It wasn't like I was going to vote for him, but we needed more of that sort of willingness to cross the isle.

I also wouldn't go so far as to say I trusted him, but I was pretty hopeful his support would have meant DADT's passage. Turns out, I should have been even more skeptical than I thought. He took that 'support' and stabbed everyone in the back. The good news, though, is it's going to backfire. He'd have been better off had he just stayed opposed to DADT repeal -- because by toying with people who cared about this issue, he made them far angrier than they would have otherwise been.

In 2012, Brown's race probably wouldn't have been a priority for me -- not because I didn't care about it, but because I'd inevitably be heavily involved in some race or races at the State House that kept me insanely busy. But not anymore. Come election time, any spare moment I have will be dedicated to making sure the only Brown we have in the US Senate is Sherrod.

No comments:

About Ryan's Take