Saturday, October 08, 2011

The Struggles of the People

I've had my fair share of economic struggles during this Great Recession and national/international jobs crisis, but it's the stories of friends and neighbors that get to me the most. There are so many absolutely wonderful, intelligent people out there who simply can't find jobs, and it's just amazing that we've let this stuff go on.

I'm inspired by all movements across the country to take America back and rekindle the spirit of America where the onus of our country is to make it work for We, the People. Yet, the longer things go on, the worse the stories get. Occupy Wall Street and Occupy Boston are an inspiration, but I can only hope that the systemic changes that need to be made to society come fast -- and that, in the meantime, compassion and empathy win out the day.

No comments:

About Ryan's Take